A History of Bacon in Southern Cuisine, Shipped Right to Your Door
String Beans Wrapped In Bacon Recipe
These bacon-wrapped string beans are a tasty and simple appetiser or side dish that will impress your guests. The sweet and savoury combination of brown sugar and bacon perfectly complements the fresh flavor of string beans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- String beans should be washed and the ends trimmed.
- Blanch the string beans for 3 minutes in boiling water, then immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Using paper towels, pat dry the string beans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap each string bean in a slice of bacon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the brown sugar mixture over the bacon-wrapped string beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the string beans are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Bacon: A Savor The South Cookbook
101 Things To Do With Bacon
Microwavable Bacon Grill
The Bacon Bible
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Bacon and Crushed Pine Nuts Recipe
Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Onions Recipe
Eggs Wrapped in Bacon and Chives Recipe
Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Chives, Arugula and Balsamic Vinegar Recipe